Remember These Safety Rules…
- Install only cordless window coverings in young children's bedrooms and sleeping areas.
- Replace window blinds, corded shades and draperies manufactured before 2001 with today's safer products.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords, preferably to another wall.
- Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords out of the reach of children. Make sure that tasseled pull cords are secured out of the reach of children. Make sure that tasseled pull cords are secured out of reach with a cord cleat, and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall. Make sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords.
- Lock cords into position whenever horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a window still.
- Never mount products with accessible back cords, such as Roman or Woven Wood Shades, within reach of children.
To date, we are now making all roman shades with a shroud located on the back of the shades to prevent hazardous loops from forming with the cords on the back. As a part of the compliance for the child safety standards set by the Window Covering Manufacturers Association, Inc., all shades with loose cords in the back require this shroud.
All products that are delivered come with the appropriate safety and warning labels. It is important for parents to understand the potential risks associated with corded shades and blinds. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at (866)709-6058. Your children's safety is our number one priority!